· The Faculty will strive to meet current needs for Oral & Dental Medicine education thereby contributing to community health needs and confirming its standing as one of Egypt’s leading centers of Dental education.
· The Faculty will pursue excellence in all aspects of teaching and learning to deliver a dynamic curriculum which relates to the health needs of society. The Faculty will maintain appropriate student numbers in its program, attract and retain the highest quality students, diversify selection criteria to allow entry of students with a range of appropriate educational backgrounds.
· The Faculty will maintain high international standard research and scholarship; facilitate the communication, application and dissemination of the results of university research for the benefit of the national, regional and international community.
· The Faculty will achieve the highest possible standards in clinical and professional services, thereby providing distinguished community services.
The following values help the Faculty of Oral & Dental Medicine to achieve its vision, mission and goals: excellence, integrity, fairness, communication, cooperation, courtesy, continuous improvement.
In striving to fulfill this mission the Faculty of Oral & Dental Medicine at ACU is dedicated to prepare competent graduates from the undergraduate program who:
· Demonstrate confidence in their abilities to take responsibility for their role in optimizing the health status of the society.
· Demonstrate the practical and professional application of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
· Are critical and scientific thinkers.
· Demonstrate professionalism in the values, ethics and attitudes reflected in their practice.
· Demonstrate skills and processes of active long-life learners.
· Collaborate with the profession to enhance the continuing competence of Oral & Dental Medicine graduates.
· Work with all stake-holders to proactively influence health care system innovation, change and reform to optimize the health status of the society.
· Encourage collaborative models of research that support the strategic direction of the Faculty.
· Implement transparent structure, systems and processes to manage and support ongoing change in both internal and external environments, including regular evaluation and feedback from stake-holders on the achievement of the faculty mission