Faculty of Computer Sciences & IT
Prepares graduates in all fields of Computer Science and Information Technology equipped with strong theoretical base and applications methodologies to make them qualified for universal competition in Information Technologies and its applications.
The faculty is interested in at achieving the following objectives:
· Preparing graduates in all fields of Computer Science and Information Technology equipped with strong theoretical base and applications methodologies to make them qualified for universal competition in Information Technologies and its applications.
· Offering non-traditional educational programs providing the society with ideal graduates coping well with market requests and its needs.
· Conducting scientific research in computer and IT field that has direct impacts upon the integrated development of the society. Moreover, establishing specialized research units in different branches of computer and IT.
· Offering consultations and all sorts of scientific/technical aids to organizations and entities that use computer and IT technologies.
· Training technical groups in the various sectors of the country upon using the computer technology and enhancing the efficiency of using them.
· Establishing scientific cooperation with local, territorial/regional and universal counter parts and societies in order to exchange opinions and conduct collaborative research in computer science& IT.
· Organizing conferences and scientific meetings to enhance the educational level
Facilitating and supporting various means of publishing and conducting scientific research in all fields of specialization
Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology at Ahram Canadian University seeks to reach a prominent position in the scientific and research field of Computer Science and Information Technology at the local and regional levels to be able to produce graduates distinct qualified for the job market as well as to contribute to the society development and scientific promotion.
Is this program for me?
This degree is for students who might wish to pursue Computer Science and Information Technology careers in a variety of settings; including, private sector, government, and non profit. Job opportunities may involve work in the following areas:
1- Data Base Developer and Administrator
2- Expert Systems Developer
3- Software Development & Testing Engineers
4- Computer/Communications Networks Engineers and Administrators
5- Information Systems Developers and Administrators
6- Network Security Developers and Auditors
7- IT Managers
8- System Analysis and Design
9- Computer/Information Systems Administrators
Choice and Flexibility
The faculty offers the following degrees:
- Bachelor Degree in one the following major specializations:
Students have to pass successfully 141 credit hours with GPA not less than 2 including university requirements besides the faculty requirements in both major and minor specializations.