|مركز الاستشارات والخدمات الصيدلية
Consultancy and Pharmaceutical Services Center (CPSƆ)
Ahram Canadian University (ACU) University is a private non-profit Egyptian university established in 2005. ACU introduced the Faculty of Pharmacy as the first college with its most important goal to improve the profession of pharmacy in the Egyptian, Arab and international pharmaceutical societies.
For that, the faculty of Pharmacy, ACU founded, its consulting and pharmacy services center (CPSƆ) in 2010 as one of the basic units that will contribute to achieve this goal involving educational, scientific research, and community service.
Reinforce the value of the profession of pharmacy and the level of the Egyptian pharmaceutical industry.
- Provide different training programs that aim to raise the professional and practical efficiencies for the Egyptian pharmacists through activating the continuous learning pharmaceutical programs.
- Create and develop a distinct environment to share information and transfer of experiences between the academic and industrial communities.
- Strengthen the applied scientific researches to improve their industrial applications.
- Provide technical advice and consultations to the Egyptian pharmaceutical plants and research centers to solve their problems and improve the quality of therapeutic preparations, whether pharmaceutical, nutraceutical or cosmoceutical products.
- Build the trust with the center clients through the application of the ethical and good rules of pharmaceutical research, manufacturing and analysis by applying a system maintains the confidentiality and privacy of each client and project.
- Establish an educational factory through designing of graduation projects for the fifth level students in the subject of Industrial Pharmacy, and through integration with the research laboratory at the Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Train the freshly graduated pharmacists and workers in related industries for the manufacturing and analytical operations carried out by the machines and instruments of the educational factory and what the cooperative companies contains, through signing of the cooperation protocols with the pharmaceutical companies.
- Develop and study new pharmaceutical dosage forms in cooperation with the center partners from industrial companies and registration offices.
- Develop new methods of analysis to be applied for stability studies for the benefit of the center partners from industrial companies.
- Maximize the opportunities to take advantage of some of the naturally available or locally manufactured raw materials in the field of drug manufacturing.
- Assist the pharmaceutical companies in the registration of new products and developing and re-registration of existing ones.
- Provide scientific and technical consulting services about the rules of current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and quality by design (QbD) as well as bioequivalence studies for the companies and pharmaceutical factories and agencies, ministry of health and institutions.
- Support the scientific research for faculty and teaching assistants and talented students and encourage the integration of research departments in applied fields.
- Organize scientific workshops, seminars, conferences and training courses to raise the efficiency of students and graduates of colleges of pharmacy and improve their effective participation to the health care and pharmaceutical fields.
CPSƆ operates eight specialized activities for:
- Pharmaceutical Technology and Marketing
- Training and continuous learning
- Drug modelling and synthesis
- Pharmaceutical quality control
- Microbiological quality control
- Pharmaceutical bioequivalence
- Hospital and community pharmacies
- Herbal products
Magdi Mohamed Abdel Hamid, Ph.D.
CPSƆ Academic Director,
Lecturer of Industrial Pharmacy,
Faculty of Pharmacy, Ahram Canadian University.
6th October City, Giza, Egypt.
Tel: (+20) 238 333 078. Ext: 1017.
Fax: (+20) 238 334 379.