ACU Faculty of Engineering seeks excellence in Engineering education, research and community service. National, regional and international recognition is our aim to prepare our graduates to meet the demands of an increasingly challenging job market.
ACU Faculty of Engineering will be a leading institution that provides excellent teaching, research and community service through:
- Recruitment of distinguished faculty that can add to the educational process and provide top line knowledge to the students.
- Equipping our students with diverse basic and applied skills that enhance their learning ability and train them for practical life.
- Fostering student interaction with the faculty and fellow students to promote self and continuous education to develop their intellect and personalities.
- Supporting scientific research and conferences that have a direct impact on the community.
- Hosting different community oriented events to bond our students to their community and equip them well to help improve it.
Our graduates are well educated and self-motivated. While our graduates can compete effectively at the consciously demanding and changing job market they yet best serve their society.
• Academic integrity
In striving to fulfill this mission, the Faculty of Engineering at ACU is dedicated to prepare competent graduates from the undergraduate program who:
- Demonstrate confidence in their abilities to take responsibility for their role in optimizing the technological development of the society.
- Demonstrate the practical and professional application of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Are critical and scientific thinkers.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the values, ethics and attitudes reflected in their practice.
- Demonstrate skills and processes of active long-life learners.
- Collaborate with the profession to enhance the continuing competence of engineering graduates.
- Work with all stake-holders to proactively influence health care system innovation, change and reform to optimize the health status of the society.
- Encourage collaborative models of research that support the strategic direction of the Faculty.
- Implement transparent structure, systems and processes to manage and support ongoing change in both internal and external environments, including regular evaluation and feedback from stake-holders on the achievement of the faculty mission.
- The Faculty will strive to meet current needs for Engineering education thereby contributing to community needs and confirming its standing as one of Egypt’s leading centers of Engineering education.
- The Faculty will pursue excellence in all aspects of teaching and learning to deliver a dynamic curriculum which relates to the engineering and technological needs of society. The Faculty will maintain appropriate student numbers in its program, attract and retain the highest quality students, diversify selection criteria to allow entry of students with a range of appropriate educational backgrounds.
- The Faculty will maintain high international standard research and scholarship; facilitate the communication, application and dissemination of the results of university research for the benefit of the national, regional and international community.
- The Faculty will achieve the highest possible standards in professional services, thereby providing distinguished community technological services.
The Faculty aims at fulfilling the following goals:
- Equip engineering graduates with a variety of basic and applied skills in sciences; engineering practice and project management, also to train them to properly implement their knowledge , accordance with the standards of national and international standard for quality and accreditation (NARS). This enhances their learning opportunities allowing them to compete on the national, regional and international level, in promoting, improving, and developing various engineering concepts.
- Introduce a diversified, project-oriented educational system that eventually will furnish the community with distinguished engineering graduates, having intellectual creativity and capable of satisfying the job market needs.
- Encourage student interaction within the educational system. This ultimately leads to initiation of self- learning strategies which enables the student to search for the latest advancements in fields of study even after graduation.
- Build student/professor communication skills; through verbal or written practice, during the undergraduate studies. This exposes the student to proper professional behavior expected from the engineers.
- Support scientific research, studies and experimental investigations in the wide range of specializations that have a direct impact on the community technical services and construct individual research units for different fields of engineering.
- Provide consultancy and scientific/technical support to engineering institutions and organizations.
- Arrange seminars and scientific conferences; this would help sustain advanced engineering education, deepen scientific comprehension and facilitate interactions with various specialized study groups.
- Promote and maintain means for publication of research papers in the diverse fields of engineering.