Accepted High School Certificates
The academic requirements for ACU Admission vary according the high school certificate obtained. Please be informed that any changes may occur according to the Registration Office for Private Universities, Ministry of Higher Education.
Egyptian Thanaweya Amma & Thanaweya Azhareya
- Obtaining at least 90% to apply for the Pharmacy and Dentistry group and 80% for Engineering and 60% for Business and Mass Communication.
- Students applying for Computer Science & IT must be in the "Mathematical Thanaweya branch", with 70% at least.
- Students applying for Pharmacy must be in the "biological science Thanaweya branch".
- Students applying for Management or Mass Communication can be any Thanaweya branch.
- Canadian Diploma
- Having 8 subjects five of them in grade 12.
- Maximum three subjects can be counted from grade 11.
- Subjects counted should include the qualifying subjects relevant to the study group of choice at ACU.
- Other complementary subjects should be fulfilled
- IGCSE and GCSE for more info please refer to: http://www.theigclub.com/
- Passing 8 O-level subjects.
- Minimum Grade accepted in O-Level subject is "C".
- More subjects can be counted in the GPA collections but the subjects should be A or AS level as follows: 2 AL Subjects or 1 AL subject +2 ASL Subjects or 4 ASL subjects.
- MinimumGrade accepted in AL or ASL subject is "D".
- AL or ASL Math is required to join Faculty of Computer Science & IT and Faculty of Engineering.
- Accepted number of sittings is 5 (taken during not more than 3 successive years).
- IGCSE subjects obtained from Egypt or Arab Countries should be of the extended, not of the core system.
- American Diploma
- Having successfully completed 8 different subjects.
- Accepted Students must have been studying grade 10, 11 and 12 in the American system.
- Subjects’ less than one credit are not accepted.
- Subjects calculated should include the qualifying subjects relevant to the study group of choice at ACU.
- Subjects can be calculated from Grade 12, 11 or 10. Minimum number of subjects to be calculated from G12 is 4.
- Subjects as PE, music, yearbook, religion, etc…are not counted.
- The minimum Score accepted in SATI is 1200/2400 for the academic year .
- SAT II is not required but gives the students extra bonus in the evaluation (minimum accepted score is 900/1600 for the academic year.
- Subject to be taken in SAT II:
For Faculty of Computer Science: Math is a necessity + other subjects (physics-chemistry- Biology).
For the Faculty of Pharmacy: Biology is a necessity +
other subject (physics-chemistry- Mathematics).
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Passing 6 subjects – minimum 3 of them to be taken in Higher Level.
- Theory of knowledge, Extended Essay are required
- For Faculty of pharmacy Biology and Chemistry has to be taken in the higher level.
- For Faculty of Computer Science and Faculty of Engineering: Math and physics has to be taken in the higher level.
- Thanaweya Amma from Arab Countries
- A scientific-oriented Thanaweya Amma is required for studying in the Biological Sciences, in Computer Science and Engineering Group.
- A non-scientific oriented Thanaweya is eligible to study in the Management and Arts Group.
- All Islamic subjects are not counted during the evaluation.
- Students obtaining their Thanaweya Amma from Yemen must submit proof of 12 years of schooling.
- Having acquired the qualifying subjects according to the relevant study group at ACU.
- For Abitur students graduated from Germany, subjects are calculated from Grades 12 &13, and some subjects can be counted from Grade 11 (physics, chemistry & biology).
- The number of subjects to be calculated is 7 (including the qualifying subjects).
To state the eligibility of a student for a particular study group, there are certain qualifying subjects required.
Regulations of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education
All Students who have an Egyptian nationality holding Foreign High School Certificates and who did not take Thanaweya Amma Arabic Language and Religion exams during their high schools Must sit for and obtain a passing grade in the Thanaweya Amma Arabic Language and Religion exams before graduation from the University. The student has to complete 12 years of study (3year after preparatory School or 6 year after Primary School).