Ahram Canadian University (ACU), is a leading modern educational institution of high international standards, employing innovative methods of education applied in Canadian universities
Ahram Canadian University is 100% owned by Al-Ahram Establishment. This ownership structure differentiates ACU from other private universities in Egypt.
Al-Ahram selected the best Canadian universities to cooperate with in establishing an Egyptian Canadian University, to be located in the Arab Republic of Egypt. This selection was made for many reasons, primarily, the distinguished status of Canadian universities and Canadian education by large, which places them in a foremost international level. Furthermore, Canadian universities are famous, more than others, for their focus on the applied and practical studies, as well as the theoretical foundations. This would act in accordance with Ahram Canadian University’s mission to qualify students to meet the challenging labor market requirements, and to play an important role in the society.
The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC), which represents the Canadian universities, will cooperate with ACU to secure the best implementation possible. The AUCC is a reliable Canadian academic institution involved in the management of private projects. It has a long record of experience and profound knowledge of all aspects of modern university affairs.
AUCC has sufficient skills and resources that enables it to transfer modern university expertise characteristic of the Canadian higher educational institutions all over the world . It also has a significant record of experience in efficient management of large-scale multi-specialized educational projects in Canada and other parts of the world. AUCC is concerned primarily with the quality of the educational process and the modernity and diversity of its programs.
10 Reasons to Choose ACU
- ACU is the only private university in Egypt where all Deans and professors have their Ph.D. degrees from Canada, The United States, or Europe.
- ACU is the only private university in Egypt which is owned by a giant public institution Al-Ahram Establishment which owns 100% of ACU.
- ACU is the only non-profit private university in Egypt. Profit is reinvested in the university establishments and equipments for the benefit of students.
- ACU is the only university in Egypt whose curriculum, information system, management system, library, etc. are developed in collaboration with the Association for Universities and Colleges in Canada (AUCC) and four major universities in Canada.
- ACU is the only private university in Egypt that abolished all large lecture halls and has a formal policy that any class will never exceed 40 students to ensure top quality education and close personal attention.
- ACU is the only private university in Egypt that has a policy to help students get high paying jobs as soon as they graduate.
- ACU has the only faculty of Mass Communication in Egypt where students are guaranteed to get their practical training in the leading newspaper in Egypt, AL AHRAM, the largest advertising agency in Egypt: Pyramids Advertising Agency and the largest and most advanced TV studios, in addition to the best satellite TV stations, international advertising agencies and newspapers.
- ACU has the only faculty of pharmacy in Egypt which grants a certificate that qualifies the graduate for aBachelor degree of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSc. Pharm) that facilitate postgraduate studies internationally.
- ACU has the only School of Business in Egypt that has an agreement with one of the top ten universities in Business in Canada and grants both the B.A. and MBA degrees.
- ACU has the only faculty of computer science in Egypt that offers two new programs: Computer Networks and Industrial Computing.
Need More Reasons?
As a matter of fact, we do have many more reasons why ACU is in fact the only choice if you are looking for the best university education you can get in Egypt. Ask about our wireless network, our library, our labs, our health care system, and our advising system. Also ask about the advantages of being in a university that is part of the gigantic Al-Ahram establishment.
Still need more reasons? Call us, Better yet, why don’t you visit our campus and see for yourself? There are signs that will direct you all the way until the university doors if you are driving. If you don’t want to drive, you can also catch Ahram bus from Lebanon square.
The university grants a 25% discount to students who score 95% and above, and 15% to students who score at least 90% in Thanawia Aama and other equivalent certificates.
ACU is Collaborating with the Association for Universities and Colleges in Canada (AUCC) and four of the leading Canadian universities in four specializations: Pharmacy, Mass Communication, Business School and Computer Sciences.